look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Sunday, July 29, 2007

what a week

this was a week of happiness and love for everyone else...
which meant a week of doing whatever they wanted for me.

i really, really loved it though. there are these people that i get to have in my life for some crazy reason who are just so amazing. and i am honored that they allowed me to be a part of some of the biggest and most significant events that will ever happen in their lives this week. i find it odd that, in the times when you think you are in a place to bless and care for someone else, you often wind up being the one blessed. how does that work?

for those of you whom i had intended to see but didn't, please don't be offended. i just really wanted to be with my niece as much as possible. i have a new wonder and respect for all parents out there. and the idea is more daunting than ever, not because of all of the insane changes in body and schedule and lifestyle so much as the unbelievable amount of love that little humans create in those who made them. love like that scares me a little bit...

and the wedding sure was lovely too. i don't know if i could ever get all of that stuff pulled together. there are just so many people to organize and details to arrange. and neither the bride nor the groom even live in town anymore. yet it worked out and all went smoothly. i met some of my most important people's most important people and got to spend some time with some of my own that i haven't seen in a while.

happiness and love sure can be tiring, though. i'm totally beat, mentally and physically. this was not an "easy" travel day, and also, training for a marathon in all this madness is a bit of a challenge. and also, i really can't believe i have to go back to work tomorrow.

life is an amazing ride, no? i like it so much.
thanks for being part of it, friends.

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yea! Welcome back! Let me know if you want to get together tonight (Monday) or maybe some other day this week if you are worn out. My phone is pretty much out of minutes so I have it turned off but I will check my messages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home