look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Sunday, July 08, 2007

run the plank

how many of you had already finished a 5k by 7:30 this morning?
i like mornings like this, getting up early, being active and having the whole rest of the day for other nice things. also, the race was pirate-themed, which sets the stage for an excellent day.

it is time for me to get serious about fundraising for my marathon. (for those of you who have not heard about this, i am training for a marathon in october to raise money for the leukemia and lymphoma society.) i sent letters to everyone in my address book, but i think i'm going to need to cast my net a bit more broadly to reach my goal. if you have any interest in supporting me supporting a great cause, please visit the link to the right called "marathon" for some very brief and generic information, or contact me directly. it's a good excuse to catch up a bit, right? you can also donate online at said website, which lots of people say is much easier and more convenient than sending checks to me directly.

thanks so much to those of you who have already supported me!
i still need to raise a bit over $3000 (that is not a typo). i can accept donations even after the marathon is over in october, but i'm really trying to meet my goal by the mid-august deadline. just think about it. (i am trying to decide what kind of prize people should get for contributing--besides the warm feeling they get from doing something really good for other people.)
my aunt died of a blood cancer about six years ago, and i often wonder what would have happened if she had gotten sick a few years later. the leukemia and lymphoma society is working to make blood cancers treatable conditions that people can either live with long term or cure outright. they think that this goal is achievable by 2015. that amazes me and it seems crazy that i get to be a tiny little part of that. let me know if you have any questions etc.

weekends sure are nice, but they go by so darn quickly. my boss is out for the next two weeks, which is bound to make things around the clinic very interesting. i'm preparing to be pulled in many directions at once.
i'll be in athens again in two weeks.
paul: lunch for real this time? that would be nice.

have a great monday friends.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger paul said...

What dates will you be here? I would love to have lunch with you.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger liz said...

i'll be there during lunch time on all weekdays from july 23-27. i would say earlier in the week would be best since the wedding i'm in is saturday and the bride comes to town on wednesday.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger paul said...

what time do you get here the 23?

or you can just email me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home