look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

beginnings and endings

the first batch of residents will have their last day next week while i'm gone. nobody else in the clinic really cares because they will cycle through again on rotations in the future, but for me it's a little sad because i probably won't ever see them again. i hope the next group is as fun as these guys. and dr. h better buy me my coffee before he leaves. i tell you, never trust surgeons...

just kidding.

today was full of brand new things and repeating other things again to make them comfortable. i'm learning all the time and actually becoming competent. this is the best part of beginnings: the part where everything is still newish and so not entirely boring, but old enough to not be scary or stressful.
one of the residents told me i should have been a surgeon today. novel idea. but way too much responsibility for me right now. i like the people to be conscious when i work with them. that's what makes this fun for me, not the technical challenge.

do you all know that i could become an aunt at any second?

also, why are all my friends getting hurt lately?
annie: stitches?
paul: ankle? (can we still have lunch? maybe wednesday?)
everyone please be extra careful. i don't want any more of this kind of comment. helmets are recommended.

IS ANYBODY GOING TO SUPPORT MY MARATHON???
just wondering. if you can't i suggest making a rich friend soon or i'm just going to keep bugging you poor saps endlessly. don't say i didn't warn you.
and please keep in mind, it's not really that you're supporting all the hundreds of miles that i'm running so much as

YOU'RE HELPING TO CURE CANCER!

if you support me you will get a reward. and i don't just mean in heaven. contact me for more info. or donate at will on my website, linked to the right.

this is now way too long for one post, but you're troopers and i know you'll make it to the end.
here it is!

3 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger toristephens said...

heck yes we need to hang out when you're in town! (also, do you still need a place to stay?) this is great - all this liz time in one summer!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Clare said...

Hey there chica,
Of course I accept visitors! So far I have had many promises to come visit but no actual vsitors. Well I have only been here like 2 months so I guess I shouldn't worry just yet. So you have met the residents. Did you meet any interns yet? If you have you know that I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off... but I am at that same point you are at right now. Everyting is still new and exciting so all is well in the world of Clare. Hope all is well in the world of Liz and best of luck on the marathon!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Lainrae said...

listen mofo- i'm going to stop cancer with you. here's my donation of....i guess you'll just have to wait and see how fast you run.

get your ass home and work like the rest of us. i've been reading blogs since well, 3 am. and it's almost seven now. work blows.

k. see you soon friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home