look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

mix it up

i highly recommend reading the book extremely loud and incredibly close by jonathan safran foer. it is good. very good.
now i am reading the old man and the sea by ernest hemingway. i love ernest hemingway. he keeps it simple but says it so well.

i have been listening to my halloween mix lately. you all wish you had this mix, even if you've never heard it before. it is pure genius. if i had any time or a house i would have a party solely for the purpose of playing this mix for the whole world. it was a gift and i would like to share the joy is has brought me.

a bunch of my friends from my running team ran the portland marathon this weekend. no, that's not the one where the people died. that one was in chicago. (has anyone heard from talya?) i run a marathon in 12 days. i think it's interesting that i can feel ready and nervous at the same time. part of me doesn't want it to be over. you work so hard for something for so long, and then it's just over. all that build-up and then... that's it. but at least i get a commemorative tiffany's necklace so that i can remember it forever. or something.

and away i fly on my broomstick. this halloween mix is so good...

2 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know the feeling, I felt so leftdown after my marathon that I am thinking about running another one.

Lyndsey H.

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved "Everything is Illuminated" by Foer. Both the book and the movie are hilarious (the movie more so) - you should check it out. :)
Annie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home