look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

the time has come

well, it's that time again. time to go home. time to return to reality and all of the chaos of starting school and real life again. i must say, vacation is nice.

i will tell you all that, while i like you a lot, my niece might be my favorite person in the world right now. i never really realized how much i would love her until i actually met her and we got to hang out. it's hard to live so far away.

the internets are free at the columbus airport. it ain't so at most other airports, which kind of surprises me and kind of makes sense. i would have thought that some of the bigger airports like chicago and minneapolis would surely offer the internet--which they do, but of course they charge you for it. seattle is the same way, which in my peabrain seems somehow wrong. columbus = free. seattle = pay. perhaps it is the midwestern hospitality in action. or something.

also in the columbus airport there are police officers on segways. i have never seen this at any other airport either. if i am honest with you, i kind of think that segways are wrong. they make me mad. why can't people just walk? what is so wrong with walking? internets, segways... perhaps columbus is just very technologically advanced.

16 teenage boys in red and navy warmup suits just walked by. they are clearly a team of sorts--three of them are sneaking away from their one adult chaperone and heading to wendy's. one time when i was young i snuck away from summer camp. i can't imagine the fear that the counselor felt when she counted her campers and found me missing... at least these boys are a little older and self-sufficient.

well, it's time to go through security and get to my gate. i have traveled a lot in my life, and sometimes it has been for fun and sometimes it has been sad. airports always make me think, i always wonder where people are going and coming from and why they're traveling. it's a little universe all boiled down and condensed into one small building.

deep thoughts complete. i will now put my shampoo on the conveyor belt and take off my shoes. catch you later, bill and ted.

3 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger paul said...

Segways always make me think of "Arrested Development." Then I have to laugh.

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as soon as i read segway i thought of Gob from Arrested Development, and i was pleased to find i am not the only one when i went to leave a comment. way to be paul.

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also thought of Gob, but then I quickly began to wonder what it would look like to see a grown person on a segway "chasing" a criminal down?

By the way, they have segways at the suburban mall near my work and it is very old overweight men who ride them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home