look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

tidbits

i got a lovely 4-day weekend, complete with jessica meyer, mt rainier, a half marathon, and even a tiny bit of sleep.

today was my last tuesday at work. tomorrow is my last wednesday.
hoo.ray.
and yet i always seem to get a bit sentimental at endings. i know it will actually be really good for me to get away from the negativity and stress of that environment, but there are a few good men it's tough to leave behind.

this evening i walked home from work because i was supposed to have a phone interview with a lady at children's. i really really really hope i get a job there. i didn't think they would follow through on my interview because i'm going to be gone winter quarter and they don't like this. and what it seems like to me is that when they interview you, it generally means they plan to offer you a job. the lady never called, which was weird and a little annoying. but really all it meant was that i had time to stop and pick 800 pounds of blackberries from a bush in the neighborhood. the delicious berries were literally falling off the branches, so i didn't feel bad at all about how many i ended up carting home. i will make jam and pies tomorrow. yummmm. that is one thing about seattle that i really love. blackberry bushes abound.

hotmail does not want to send you my letter. which makes it tough to ask you for money. please do not hesitate to go to my marathon site and donate lots. i need an embarrassing amount still, and i need it by september 15. yikes.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger paul said...

a link to the site? did i miss this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home