look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Friday, August 31, 2007

mamma said there'll be days like this

i didn't go to work today. my reason to go left two weeks ago, and since then it's really just been the paycheck i look forward to. i'm already selling out. great.

i wish my room were bigger and had less stuff in it. it is much harder to keep small spaces tidy. especially when there is no system to begin with.

i am running a real, honest-to-god half marathon on monday. i'm pretty excited about it because it will give me a much better idea about my pace and also will remind me what races are actually like. my first race ever was a half marathon. i remember standing at the start line and being gawked at by a handful of older women who thought i was nuts when they found out i'd never run any shorter races before and that i trained by myself. and i don't mean in an impressed sort of way.
this time i'll be more prepared. so watch out...

one day is not enough time to get it all done. i am happy to have crossed off many items on my list, but the list is still long folks, and next week i head back to work. but it's my last week for the summer. after that i visit iris and then have tea with matty and then start back to school. i can't help but fast forward through the whole year and suddenly i'm done and on to the next thing. whatever that is...

today i feel overwhelmed and tired.
remembering about the increase in tuition and the decrease in loans didn't help with that.
okay bye.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger paul said...

Not sure what to say... just wanted you to know I'm reading and you are a person I am often thinking about and praying for. I'm not sure understand your situation... but would rather talk through email than blog... but don't have an email address.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home