look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Sunday, August 19, 2007

transitions

it will soon be fall in seattle. the days are becoming noticeably shorter and the temperatures are cooling. today is the first chilly and drizzly day we've really had all summer, and it is reminding me of what will come in only a few short weeks. it is also reminding me that school will be starting up again soon, a thought that makes me both excited and depressed at the same time, and also makes me want to go out and buy school supplies and a new outfit.

yesterday was elaine and ryan's wedding. i was amazed by how perfectly it fit their personalities. elaine arrived at the aisle on the back of a scooter and friends performed the entire ceremony. the reception was basically a big dance party in their backyard and everybody--i mean EVERYBODY--danced for hours. there was a little bit of everything, and even when the rain started people kept dancing. we got wet and muddy, makeup ran, hairstyles drooped, and still people danced. people danced long after the bride and groom had left, which was exactly what they would have wanted. nice work you two.

i have so many letters to write that i should get started. maybe you'll hear from me soon.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger paul said...

The wedding sounds like a hoot. I never get to do fun weddings. Which is funny as I think I would be the kind of guy who would be asked to do stuff like that.

"...and friends performed the entire ceremony."

I hope at least one friend was ordained, a judge, a captain of a ship, etc... or there are going to be problems in dodge. :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home