look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Sunday, January 21, 2007

happy anniversary

on january 21, 1996--this day 11 years ago--i moved to seattle for the first time.
where the heck does the time go?

it's kind of funny to think of that time now, having recently returned, and once again facing many of the same surprising and surreal things that are seattle. sometimes i wonder who i'd be, how i'd be different, if we hadn't come here then. i think it was a pretty significant turning point in my life that had all kinds of effects on all kinds of things in me.

i'm tired and appear to be feeling rather sentimental and pensive, so i will spare you from the sleepy deep thoughts i am having and instead simply end by saying this: "life moves pretty fast. if you don't slow down once in a while, you just might miss it."
thanks for the wisdom, ferris.

2 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger paul said...

Happy Anniversary! It's' funny the turns life takes that you never expected. And showing down is a very good thing... so you can negotiate the turns.

And... for your reading enjoyment...

http://www.idiotsavant.com/bueller/script.htm

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger toristephens said...

Liz! I am glad you enjoyed my blogging; I'm not very frequent with it, but I'm glad you are checking in. Seattle is far from Athens - so sad - but learning nurse things is a good thing, and it makes so much sense when I think about you. I hope you are doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home