look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Thursday, January 11, 2007

more about that

i went back to sleep for 3 hours.

i really don't understand why we don't have school today. it is sunny. it is 35 degrees. the roads are bare and wet. it's kind of a bummer, really, because i was pretty excited about my patient today. i went to the hospital to meet him yesterday and he was great. he will be there tomorrow and i will get to work with him then, but still...

plus, now we'll have to make this day up at the end of the quarter. nobody wants that.

how funny is it that i'm disappointed about getting a snow day? all it really means is that i have to go study all day instead of being in the hospital. which means i really should get on about it. hope your day has some pleasant and unexpected surprises in it too, like finding $5, or getting a letter from a friend.

6 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger paul said...

I'm in a hospital waiting room in Florida. My dad had some tests... and I went to be with my mom. His heart cath went well... so that is a good unexpected surprise... as we were sure he would need a valve replacement.

No snow here... I can't relate. :O)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger liz said...

paul, i feel like you are my personal nursing cheerleader. i only wish it didn't mean so many scary times in hospitals for you...

thanks for being great. enjoy the sun while you're down there.

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think he needs a uniform.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger liz said...

a purple one? like my scrubs???

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, you know. whatever those personal nursing cheerleaders are wearing nowadays.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger paul said...

i have lousy legs or i would suggest one of those cheerleading outfits with the pleated skirts.

okay, maybe not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home