look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Saturday, December 02, 2006

sometimes i just wish i could hug all of your troubles away.

i can't even believe that it's december already. how did that happen? i'm going to be in athens soon--i arrive 2 weeks from yesterday. i am really, really excited about that. i just have to finish finals first, which seems such an insurmountable feat right now. yes yes, i know i did a whole quarter of organic chemistry in 4 days. but that was different.

just to update you, the naked final went well. my instructor mentioned to me that i need to be a little more confident, which:
1) is probably easier to say when you're not the one who was just naked in front of someone with a clipboard;
2) we all already know.
but thanks for the advice anyway. i appreciate it, and i really will think about it. really.
plus i think it will be easier and a little more "natural" with real people in a real setting as opposed to the lab with my friend and a teacher evaluating everything i do.
and also, remember how 5 minutes ago i was naked? right.

if anybody has any tips for how to learn spanish really quick, let me know. i guess i have about a year, but i want to get a move on nonetheless.

it's been a good weekend so far. i have seen 3 really good movies already, studied with the gang, made cookies and cider, and enjoyed some glorious sunshine. sunshine, sunshine... how you reach into my soul. please don't leave me for so long again, i don't think i could take it.
and i still have a whole day left. i WILL make it count. you can be certain of that.

4 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What three really good movies did you see? I'm always looking for good new ones... I'm glad you got some fun snow. Last week was snowy and freeeezing! We're warming up this week; maybe the ice in my ally will finally melt.... xo, A.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You. Are. Hilarious.

My favorite movie is "Stranger Than Fiction." How often is your favorite movie showing in theaters?? Go see it now, unless you already have.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Ben Lachman said...

err. what the hell is a naked final?!? i don't think we had those in computer science...

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger jared said...

I spent the last 5 months meeting twice a week with an engineering graduate student from Colombia. A tutor is definitely the way to go. I just got back from a great trip to Honduras where I could actually speak to people in Spanish! This is a big deal to me, because I've taken lots of classes, read books and listened to CDs to little avail. Find a native speaker who's a student and pay them a few bucks to practice with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home