look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

tuesday, november 28, 2006

it's a funny thing to be 26 and get a snow day...

i wish i would have gone snowboarding or done something wintery, but i told myself that i HAD to get some homework done. and then i squandered the whole day doing other things. i have absolutely no self discipline. or motivation. where on earth does a person find these things, and how can i get a hold of some? because i have one more week of class and then finals. and i am going to be in very painful and serious trouble if i can't get myself moving and do some good work here really soon.

tomorrow at noon is my lab final. this is the one where i have to strip down, wear a hospital gown, and get examined by my partner. then we switch. it will be nice to just get it over with. i can't wait till this quarter is over, it just can not come soon enough. i'm not even enjoying what we're learning anymore. it is no longer interesting, it is merely a battle to force myself to sit down, open the books and do what i have to do.

i would like to formally appologize for being such a negative grumpus pants lately. it's winter and i've got the blues. does everyone know that this has been the wettest winter on record in seattle? because it has. it has been dark and cold and terrible. and i live in a place with one tiny window that never gets any light. last winter i worked in a basement below a morgue. i can't decide which is worse. at least i got paid for being in the basement.

alright, i'm going to go make sure i have all the junk i need for my final tomorrow. stethoscope: check. pen light: check. tongue blade: check. watch with seconds hand: check. cotton ball, reflex hammer, gloves...
maybe tomorrow will be cancelled too.

3 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger paul said...

"tomorrow at noon is my lab final. this is the one where i have to strip down, wear a hospital gown, and get examined by my partner. then we switch."

How can you NOT be excited about that!

Sorry you have the blues. I bet Seattle has some great things about living there, but I can't imagine the weather to be one of them. My wife goes through seasonal depression at times... I imagine with the darkness and the stress you must be under, it would be hard. Hang in there and good luck on your final.

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm. grosvenor cadaver lab. not only did you get paid, but you got to see ME. occasionally.

good luck with the fondl-- ah, i mean, final.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger liz said...

indeed i did get to see you sometimes, mdog. what precious memories...
only i should have wandered down your way more often. see what i mean, i squander so many good things in my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home