look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Monday, November 20, 2006

connections and contradictions

sorry i haven't posted in a couple of days. i have been thinking some pretty heavy thoughts and haven't quite been sure what is appropriate for such a venue. i mean, i'm just not so sure blogs are really the place where deep and serious (and personal) thoughts belong. if you know me and want to ask about it feel free.

but this weekend did hold some pretty, um... interesting things.
friday night was a dance party where a few of my worlds finally met. more than i actually even realized at the time, as the next morning i discovered that the host of the party is also the brother of a kid i went to western with my sophmore year and who is now in the peace corps in mongolia. i will say this: the world is tiny. teeny tiny.

then saturday night, after getting my groove on and getting down friday, was a cocktail party. there were some adventures in dressing pre-event, due to a shoddy zipper. but things all finally worked out and i was actually complimented on my hotness several times throughout the evening. apparently i have a nice rack.
this was one of the strangest parties i have ever been to in my life. thank you, katie meyer.

3 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a GREAT rack. Love, Jessi
P.s. I know what you mean about not knowing if you should post the really heavy stuff on the blog. I was having a similar thought today.

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i am the wrong person to talk to about not putting personal things on the blog. though tact, audience, and discernment are always [well, usually] things i consider in the midst of my verbal pukings.

and congrats on the hotness. and the rack. those seattle people? they have taste. yes they do.

 
At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eliza Cooke this made me laugh solely because you DO have a great "rack". I love you and miss you soooooo much!

I try calling you, but i always get voice mail... someday i hope to talk to you. the next couple weeks are going to be rediculous because of papers and exams and then finals week... but just know i love you!

candace-marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home