look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Friday, June 13, 2008

we put the bs in bsn

so...

i graduated this morning.
i knew it would all happen really fast, but it is kind of unbelievable that it truly already came and went. everyone told me there would be this great letdown at the end of everything, but like the ornery girl i am i didn't believe them. now i get it. for the past two years i have worked my ass off. and for the past three months i have worked more than 60 hours a week and gone to class. it's hard to follow that with nothing. i'm not really sure what to do with myself now... a thought i never, ever expected to have.

it has been a great time of celebrations and parties and happiness for all of us, though i must admit it is all slightly bittersweet. i can't help but feel a bit sad when i realize that we probably won't all ever be in the same room together again, or when i know that some of the people who helped me through some of the toughest moments in and out of school these last two years are leaving this place. my overactive sentimentality gets me every time. things change and as much as i am responsible for changing things i still feel it when they do. how deep.
also 6 out of 8 members of my family are moving in the next week, including myself, which is causing great upheaval in all of our lives. all 8 of us will be in seattle for a spell, something that brings great joy to my heart and confusion to my planning. i keep telling myself that one of these days it will become more clear. one of these days coming up, i'm sure of it.

congraduations class of 2008!
best of luck.

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger paul said...

congratulation!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger mdog said...

wooooooo!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home