look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Friday, May 25, 2007

hot diggity

so i took the job. i think it will be good--and the parts that aren't will surely make good stories.

everyone else in my class is envious of the schedule, and also of the fact that i will spend a fair amount of time with hot med students. their words, not mine. all the paired ones want to live vicariously through me, all the single ones want me to get them part time jobs. i'm not entirely sure that they understand the job part. and also i'm not entirely sure i understand how most of the other people on earth work.

i should have been in bed nearly four hours ago. that never happens anyway, but also tomorrow is our last day of clinical for the year. we're getting out early and having a picnic in the park and our instructor is bringing her dogs. she's the best.
i can't believe the year is almost over. i'm amazed at how much we have gone through and endured this year... remember what a huge slobbering mess i was when i got here? i wouldn't say that i'm proud of my accomplishments, but maybe i should be.

i don't officially start work until june 20. my last final is june 4 and then i fly to chicago for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. just so you know, that's more years than i've been alive. i am toying with the idea of going to new york city for a couple of days after that. any takers? i'm 27 years old and i have never been there. that seems wrong. and i want to see the moma before i die. maybe several times. let me know if you want to come with me, or if you have any other grand plans in which you want me to partake. i'm just looking for a bit of summertime fun before starting the grind.

4 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the MoMA in March - go!! I had gone before, but the renovations are fabulous! But, if you want a different fun adventure, you can come to Australia with me. :)
ttys, Annie.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are welcome to come to Pittsburgh and live in our house while we are in Hawaii. Hope you like cats. And fish.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe I could "head you off at the pass". I've always wanted to use that phrase. And by "the pass", I mean maybe we could meet in Columbus while you're on your way from Chicago to New York. Or maybe you want a visitor in Chicago. That could be really awesometastic! Maybe the Wilkes' still live in Columbus and we could all get together, this time without me hugging Advil and a water bottle after cursing at the roads of Columbus for half an hour. (I'm almost certain there were some hormones at work in there somewhere. But you handled them like a champ. Take that, Estrogen! Hiya!) Maybe the Wilkes' have moved to Africa. I'm not really sure. I love you.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger mdog said...

and also i'm not entirely sure i understand how most of the other people on earth work.

do you mean work as in 'how people have jobs' or work as in 'how people tick'? because if it's the latter, i'm with you. people are confusing.

i'll be in boston during the last week of june. it's kinda near new york.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home