look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

should i do it?

i went to a meeting tonight for the nike team in training. if i actually decide to do this, i will run a marathon through the streets of san francisco in october. the event is a fundraiser for the leukemia and lymphoma society, an organization dedicated to researching and caring for people with blood cancers. part of my job as a participant is to raise funds--lots of funds. so start saving up now, 'cause i'll be asking for donations soon.

it seems like a pretty awesome event and maybe a good way to do my first marathon? it does sound a little bit girly to me... and i think my physical therapist will yell at me for even thinking about it.
maybe when he's done he'll give me some money.

click here to find out more.

4 Comments:

At 5:29 AM, Blogger mdog said...

running a marathon is girly?

awesome, maybe. but girly?

just do it.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

as long as you aren't dressed entirely in pink, i think you will be fine.

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cousin ran this one and loved it. It is "girly," though - they all got Tiffany's necklaces for participating. But, girly marathons are rad, so don't worry! :)
Annie.

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do it do it do it

Lyndsey Henricksen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home