look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Monday, February 19, 2007

there's no title here

i did my taxes and my fafsa today. i feel so productive. i also got to use some power tools and put up some drywall. and i had ice cream for breakfast. all in all it was a pretty fine day.

i'm getting pretty excited about going to florida for spring break. every time i say that i just want to shout out (and often do, mind you) SPRING BREAK! WOOOO!!! it's just so mtv to go to tampa for spring break and lay on the beach, soak in some sun... those of you currently in the throes of winter may relate to my feelings of delight at the thought of wearing short sleeves and maybe even sandals. and i get to see cara for a week. you should all be envious of that.

my grandparents live about 45 minutes away and i will be the first person in the family to visit them in their not-so-new home. i have been told to be prepared for them to show me off to all of their friends in the community. i guess i'm representing the whole family, so i hope i do a good job.

as excited as i am for all of this sunny vacation fun, it also means that finals are coming up. two of our three classes are having cumulative tests that cover not only this quarter, but also last quarter's material as well. which, really shouldn't be that big of a deal because it's stuff that we technically ought to know by now anyway. but it is a LOT of information, and i fear that a substantial portion of it has left my working memory by now. tomorrow we don't have school, but will be spending the day studying. i guess that's called "school."

the wedding and baby season has come around again. suddenly i'm getting announcements for both and madly trying to respond to all the happy news. so if you're getting a new spouse or baby, congratulations! i promise i'll reply to you individually soon.

2 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger paul said...

I leave for Florida on Sunday afternoon. Ft. Myers area. I will get the place all warmed up for your arrival.

It is 14 degrees right now in Ohio.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got back from a weekend in Phoenix. It wasn't that warm, but I wore flip-flops and a tank top and shook my fist at the weather gods who are just now remembering that Colorado is meant to be a sunny state! xo, A. PS- I got your super cool Spidy stationary and it made my day - thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home