look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Thursday, February 01, 2007

how low can you go

during the three years i was away, i was magically accruing free coffee at bellino. thanks mich, and everyone else who contributed to this lovely gift for me.
on the way home from the hospital last week, after a particularly long and frustrating day, i really wanted to drown my sorrows in a mocha. my bus passes right by bellino, so i thought "hey, i'll just stop in on the way home and use one of my free credits. it will be so nice." but when i got there, the nice girl at the counter told me that i needed to buy one more before i had my next free drink. however, she did say that my sister-in-law had a $3 credit...

so i stole it. i stole from my sister-in-law*, who is with child, just so i could get a cup of coffee. i just really wanted one so bad, and i was already there and everything.
is this the definition of "rock bottom?"

and then it wasn't even very good. or maybe that was just the taste of guilt, tainting my sweet mocha.


*i'm really sorry to have to tell you this way, kels.

3 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger paul said...

You can quit anytime...

You are not addicted...

No really...

You just steal mocha from a pregnant woman...

which, given what they say about caffeine and pregnancy, might not be a bad thing.

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whaaaaat?!?!

oh, no you didn't.

does this count as identify theft?

i won't be pregnant forever, you know! i'm sitting here with my f@$&*ing chamomile tea at work (yeah, that'll wake you right up in the morning) and i come to THIS news first thing. we'll settle this later...

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger paul said...

man liz... you are sooo busted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home