look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Saturday, February 10, 2007

oh well...

there has been a serious update drought lately, and i am here to do my part to end it.

on friday i was told that the instructor i have been having trouble with is putting me on probation. she wasted almost an hour of my time making me believe that we were making progress towards some kind of resolution before she delivered this news. she had no intention of actually working things out, and she had no examples or evidence to substantiate any of her claims against me. she wanted me to sign a form agreeing to her accusations, and when i refused to do so, stating that i did not, in fact, agree with anything she was saying, i thought her head might explode.
this is like the twilight zone. i literally can not believe that this is actually happening. i do not feel concerned by it, really. i don't think i will actually get kicked out or anything, mostly because i have verifiable evidence and logical arguments on my side as well as the support and testimonies of my classmates. and oh yeah, the truth... i feel terrible for causing this woman all of the grief that i am somehow so unintentially causing. but it also greatly complicates my life, forcing me to spend valuable study time instead writing out rebuttles and meeting with higher ups. stuuuuupid.

so our homebrew is done and we're going to try it out tonight. we're grilling up burgers and drinking beers. yessss. i wish matt and kelly were here. but then again i usually do.

i got the best stationary ever. watch your mailboxes...

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ugh. Keep at it, sister.

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Liz! I am sorry for all this unneccessary stress! You know the parents who yelled at me on the phone? I had to meet with them and the admins the next day then apologize to their son for not being sensitive enough to his tattle-taling. It's certainly not on the same level, but I can empathize! I'm glad you bought fun stationary; that always makes me feel better.
xo, Annie.

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friend...I am sorry for what you are going through. I went through my own little written up/probationary period with my supervisor. Some justified (I will admit) but some really not cool/true things. I just picked up my head and said that my treasure is in Heaven and that I am doing the best I can and have tried to do what my supervisor is looking for and well...that's all I can do.

Lyndsey H.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home