look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Friday, November 23, 2007

hey, thanks!

i know it's not technically thanksgiving anymore, but...

happy thanksgiving!
i love this holiday, and it has been a good one. first came the macy's parade, after sleeping lots and waking up late. this is a tradition. for as long as i can remember my family has watched the parade on thanksgiving morning. the holiday season officially starts for me when santa waves it in while delicious thanksgiving smells fill the house.

this year we were treated to the entire thanksgiving meal by my sister-in-law's family, so in the spirit of leftovers we're doing the whole thing again tomorrow. on a small scale. i can't imagine a thanksgiving without my mom's stuffing. for days. and days... when my parents were away i attempted to recreate it. i used the same recipe and ingredients and she even shared her secret tricks with me, but it still was not the same as when she makes it.

after dinner i won the hearts of the meyers by knowing that lepidopterists collect moths. i also made jello salad, cranberry sauce, and a homemade pumpkin pie from scratch. crust and all. it is possible that i will have a slice for breakfast.

now it is late and i must sleep. i am still a sicko and need my rest even more than usual.

i am one lucky girl, and even though i don't need a holiday to remind me of that, it sure is nice to get one. wishing you the best of thanksgivings, dear friends.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger paul said...

blessings to you as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home