look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Saturday, April 07, 2007

three cheers for everything

it is pretty amazing how good i am at wasting time. if they would pay me for that i'd be a bazillionaire. and then i'd buy you all ice cream.

there certainly are a lot of results when i google my name. (everyone has done this, right?) many of my name twins are important historical figures. there is apparently at least one famous artist, a set designer, a few french teachers, some important nurses. oddly enough, one of the only entries for the actual me says that i am a man. which, while clearly false, is still slightly disconcerting because of how well little boy's clothes tend to fit me.

i have been awake for 21 hours. how and why this happens may always be a complete mystery to me. i spend half of the day battling my droopy eyelids only to arrive at bedtime completely awake. i will spend tomorrow feeling totally jet lagged.
it was a good day, though. it turns out my instructor this quarter is totally cool and the nurses at children's actually like their jobs and want to teach us. how refreshing. it's the kind of environment that just might make a person want to learn. and you wouldn't believe the sunshine and springlike weather we had here today. sorry to those of you stuck in winterland, but at least you get thunderstorms sometimes.

hip hip hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home