look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Monday, April 23, 2007

what would you do for a klondike bar

right now i am:
1. ruining my appetite
2. not writing my paper.

today i got to have lunch with megan and then we had my favorite coffee in seattle and sat in the sunshine on broadway and watched people and chatted for a while. it was really nice that i got to see her while she's out here and catch up a bit. it was fun to be with someone from athens and to talk about things there while sitting along a busy street in the city. it kind of put a new perspective on life here and highlighted some of the things i really like about living in a metropolitan area. big cities and small towns both have so much to offer and i love that i have experienced both.

i just want to tell you that having a bucket full of water in your bedroom can be a real hazard. be careful about dropping things in--especially if it's next to any electrical appliances like mine is.

i realized this morning when waking up still exhausted after nearly 10 hours of sleep that the foggy mindset and "lazy bones" syndrome i am experiencing is due to seasonal allergies. every year i spend a few weeks thinking i'm getting sick or fighting off some terrible plague only to realize that it's just that time of year again. it really puts a damper on life sometimes; it just makes things so hard. generally my form of relief comes through gallons of coffee. the usual drugs like allegra, zyrtec, and claritin usually just make me even more groggy and miserable, so i simply try to overpower the tireds with caffeine and running.

nobody cares about this. i don't even think i do.
hope your day was as sunny as ours.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We definitely have April Showers today. I'm glad you have springtime weather!
Annie.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

One of my college rental rooms was in a basement, and that basement had a dehumidifier, which I used as my nightstand. It was a damp basement, so I'd run the thing and it would collect water as it is supposed to. One time I knocked my alarm clock straight into the water, then reflexively reached in to pull it out without even thinking about it. It wasn't until after I put it back on the nightstand and unplugged it that I realized how stupid that was. After it dried, the clock worked again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home