look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

age appropriate

lately i feel like the middle child. it's pretty great. i get to spend time in both worlds, and i fit in each. i don't have to choose one or worry about the other because i am delightfully in between. i'm really liking it and taking full advantage of this time. i had a feeling 27 would be good.

i need to get a job. the end of the quarter is when i realize this the most. i'm your stereotypical aid recipient: the check comes and looks really big, really exciting. so i go out and spend it, so happy to be able to do anything without the nagging fear of overdrawing my account. but then the end of the quarter creeps up, and i suddenly realize how small the balance is and how much it still has to cover.
but getting a job right now is tricky.
here is some unsolicited insight into me:
i tend to devise all sorts of plans and daydream about possibilities a lot. it's like a little "choose your own adventure" in my mind. for example, the summer has about 11 options so far. which is really happy and exciting, but it also affects what i do with myself right now. if i wind up doing option a, then i should really do xyz right now. but if a doesn't work out, which i won't know until they get back to me about job j, then my next choice would be option b. which would mean that now i should probably w to get ready for b. and if i do get job j, then i can't apply for the job that's open now because j would both be better in the long run and would make option a possible. but i want to be working as soon as possible in case j doesn't work out, and even if job j does work out it doesn't start until june...

i am my own worst enemy.

life is all about choices, right? and so far, even the ones that haven't made any sense or the ones that i doubted or questioned at the time have all turned out fine. i'm doing alright.

this morning, inspired by the amazing critters that have captured both my heart and imagination, i spent my class time creating some drawrings of my own. you will never see them posted anywhere, but i will say that it most definitely made the time pass more quickly and funly. it's sad to say, but half of my classes this quarter are a complete and utter waste of time and will have to become more productive in some way. yesterday i used the hours to study for our midterm today. it's a really expensive study hall.
but hey, at least i'm studying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home