look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

insert clever title here

it's 12:32, i leave in two days, and what am i doing? packing? sleeping? studying spanish?
no, of course i am not. i am making belated christmas presents. because that is how i am. what i am currently working on was meant to be a birthday present long ago, but then became a christmas present because it wasn't done anywhere close to said birthday. only now it's way too late for christmas too. i suck.

i was just perusing some photos from our family's christmastime. i regret not getting one of the lot of us, but here's one that makes me smile:















i certainly do love that baby.


i decided that part of my anticipation about leaving this time has to do with how things will all change again when i get back. i will graduate, take (and hopefully pass) the boards, have to find a job--which means deciding what city i'm going to live in, and return to reality after the sheltered student existence i have been able to enjoy the last couple of years. costa rica has been this milestone in my mind for months precisely because of these facts. when i get back it's all nearly finished. hooray! and oh my gosh...

i wish you could see my to do list for the next two days. actually, it's probably best that you can't... let's just say that it is long. my friend elaine always makes fun of me for thinking so much about what i will pack when i travel, especially because i have done a fair amount of it. my problem--with most things in life, really--is that i am an overthinker. no decision or thought is straightforward, but given the moment and the circumstances, anything is possible.

one of the things on the list for tomorrow is getting a new battery for this computer so that i can use it whilst away. for now it is dying and so i'm out.

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

the cuteness ... it turns me ...

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger mdog said...

that is one cute baby. and aunt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home