look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Thursday, November 02, 2006

narrative or list

it's dark, cold, rainy... hello, seattle. i've missed you.

while running in the dark, cold and rain tonight i realized a few important things:
-wearing glasses while running in the dark, cold and rain makes it hard to see. especially when headlights are shining right at you. i have a cap that i wear when it rains. i pull it down close over my glasses, and usually that does the trick. but not when it rains as hard as it did tonight. i had to stop twice and dry the lenses, which was interesting because the only cotton i had on was my underwear. i mean, i had no choice. it had to be done.
-being soaked with rain makes you heavier. and slower. and squishy in the shoes.
-sometimes it's more fun to stop trying to jump over the puddles and to instead just hop straight on in. this also seems to amuse people in cars watching you.
-less people go out when it's rainy. it's really nice.

after being out in the dark, cold and rain, there is nothing nicer than coming home, taking a hot shower, and putting on comfy warm clothes. like my new black sweatpants. i love my new black sweatpants. they're from the boys section at target (thanks for the tip, mich). does it disturb any of the rest of you that little boys' clothes seem to fit me better than those made for actual grown-up women? what do you think this says about my body? because seriously, they fit me perfectly in every way.

i better go study for the test i have tomorrow. it's a big one. and i have to do really well because i sucked it up really bad on the last one.
but before i go, a request: please e-mail me, send me links to fun things online (without sound, please), pictures of you or something nice, or update your blogs. i have 6 hours in class tomorrow, during which time i will check my e-mail and your blogs at least 14 times in a desperate effort to not slip into a coma. i know i can count on you.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would email you if you were in my address book. click "contact" on my blog, yeah?

in the meantime:
toothpaste for dinner

married to the sea

flickr: unleashed

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://franktuary.com/index.html

This is where I am going to check out the good eats next week when Pookie Drew comes for a visit.

-Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home