look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

the bermuda triangle of my possessions

i have already been awake for 12 hours and i have about that much studying left to do before i can go to bed tonight. this school crap is really kicking my ass.

i think i probably lose 5 things every time i move. i think i know exactly where i put something--you know, in that really "safe" spot--but then when i look for it there, it has mysteriously disappeared. i have been looking for some pictures since i left. i swear to you, i put them in the little cardboard box with the books and all of my other photos. but they're gone. they aren't even with any of my other books, or notebooks, or anywhere with any of my things. they're just gone. i have been through every one of my possessions in search of the missing memories, but with no success. perhaps i will have to recreate them with crayon... or simply be content to have them in my heart.
sick.

if anyone is looking for a good book to read i recommend something by steven milhauser. i've read a few of his books now and i really like them all. also, if anybody has a copy of "how we are hungry" by dave eggers and you're willing to let me borrow it, i'd be totally happy about that. i won't even wreck it or anything, i'll just read it and then give it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home