look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

is it tuesday already?

do you ever have those days where you run around like a mad person, feeling insanely busy... but then you get to 5:27pm and have no idea what you actually even accomplished?
well, that has been my day today. i know that i have been productive, and i even got to cross a few things off of my to-do list. yet the list seems twice as long now as when i started, and i'm exhausted from a full day.

it worries me a bit to know how tired i am now, already, before school has even really started.
tomorrow morning in lab we will be learning how to move patients around and also how to bathe them. did i mention that we practice these things on each other? so i will have my very own chance to both give and receive a sponge bath from one of a my new virtual-stranger classmates. at 7:30 in the morning. can you say uncomfortable?

i must say, i know this is only the third day that i've had a blog, but i'm really enjoying it. it makes me reflect on my day a bit and think about what has happened. i think that's a good habit to get into and i want to thank all of you for giving me the excuse and motivation for that.

and now, i'm going to go run. running here simply can't compare to running in athens where good routes abound just outside your front door. here in the city there are always so many people around, and cars, and chaos. running seems more like a chore here than the peaceful quiet time it was in a-town. if anybody has any good suggestions for how to make running in a place like this fun, please feel free to send 'em my way.

i hope you're well, dear friends. i sure do miss you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home