look ma, i've got my very own blog!

"and all the science i don't understand... is just my job five days a week." --elton john, "rocket man"

Sunday, September 24, 2006

and so it begins

people have been telling me i should start my own blog for ages now. and quite honestly, i would have done so sooner but i couldn't come up with a good name for it. not that this is the best, but hey--it was available.

i hope i'm good at this blog thing. i hate starting things i can't follow through with...

i wish i could have been posting over the past few weeks. i had some amazing stories from my trip across america that i would have loved to share, yet without a handy jessm to help me log things, the good times were lost.

since my arrival in this seemingly foreign yet oh-so-familiar land, i know that countless blog-worthy incidents have occurred. yet at this exact moment, the only thing i can think of is the punchline of an apparently hysterical joke that an older gentleman was telling his grown son as they worked on roofing a house (i was walking past on my way to the park): "and he said, you can't borrow money from me, i don't even have enough to buy a lollipop!"
followed by riotous laughter from the older man and confused looks from the younger. i'm just glad nobody fell off the roof.

i start school tomorrow. why am i not sleeping already...
sleep tight, dear friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home